Weekly Summary – 12.09.11
All of the following points were posted first, as they happened, to twitter.com/real_mallorca.
Tuesday 30th August 2011
- There are rumours that Villarreal have offered €8m for Jonathan de Guzmán. Serra Ferrer has said the deal is a no go if no replacement found.
- And in typical Villarreal fashion, the offer comes a day before the close of the window.
Wednesday 31st August 2011
- Real Betis v Real Mallorca will be played on Sunday 11th September, 11am kick off BST.
- Víctor: ‘There will be no issue with me if we sign a new striker’
- Mallorca have completed the signing of Fernando Tissone from Sampdoria.
Thursday 1st September 2011
- Genk’s Marvin Ogunjimi agreed terms with Mallorca but the papers (fax) arrived seven minutes too late; he stays at Genk.
- Spanish Federation have announced Ogunjimi joins Mallorca but all news in Belgium says the opposite.
- Sporting Director Llorenç Serra Ferrer has said selling Jonathan de Guzmán was a ‘moral obligation’ and not the will of the club.
Friday 2nd September 2011
- UEFA has stepped in over the transfer of Ogunjimi. Spanish federation happy to register player, Belgian federation received paperwork 7 mins too late.
- Ogunjimi: ‘I pray that everything goes well’.
- Laudrup, in a press conference earlier today, criticised the club over the handling of de Guzmán and striker transfers.
- The club has since been forced to release an official statement assuring fans the club will be competitive over the coming 12 months.
- Laudrup has once again seemed to have alienated himself from the club.
Wednesday 7th September 2011
- Dudu Aouate was injured and Tomer Hemed scored in Israel’s latest match.
- We don’t know how bad Aouate’s injury is and whether Calatayud is fit to play. Potentially a first team debut for Yeray Gómez.
- FIFA are still yet to announce whether Marvin Ogunjimi is a Real Mallorca player but reports in Belgium suggest that FIFA rejected the deal.
Thursday 8th September 2011
- Exact dates and times of September fixtures announced. See here (all times in BST, not local time).
- Dudu Aouate is not training with the group today after spraining the right side of his ribs on international duty with Israel.
- The meeting over TV distribution rights at the Sanchez Pizjuan began at noon (local time). Twelve clubs attended.
- Attendees of meeting: Atletico Madrid, Valencia, Athletic, Villarreal, Malaga, Betis, Granada, Racing, Espanyol, Zaragoza, Osasuna, Sevilla.
- Non-attendees: Sporting, Real Sociedad, Mallorca, Levante, Getafe and Rayo. (As known, Barcelona and Real Madrid not invited)
- FIFA have denied Mallorca’s transfer certificate for Marvin Ogunjimi, so the player won’t be fielded this weekend.
Sunday 11th September 2011
- Sid Lowe writes, ‘Prediction time: first sacking of season, Michael Laudrup’.
- Marvin Ogunjimi will be registered as a Real Mallorca player on the 1st December.