Weekly Summary – 15.08.11
All of the following pieces of news were posted to our Twitter page as they happened. They are recorded in the order they were posted to Twitter. Some bullet points may now be irrelevant as time has passed.
Monday 8th August 2011
- Sevilla midfielder Alejandro Alfaro has this morning completed his medical at Mallorca and a deal between the two has been agreed.
- Serra Ferrer is just finalising the deal with Sevilla themselves. It is thought he’ll cost around €700,000 (£611,000).
- Sevilla are trying to add striker Rodri to the deal. But whilst Serra Ferrer thinks he is a good player, he doesn’t think he’ll fit into the team.
- Serra Ferrer is also looking to add both Ibrahim Bagura and Teteh Bangura to the squad for a total of €4m (£3.5m).
- Tickets for Saturday’s clash with Napoli will start from €10.
- Young left-back Kevin García has said, ‘every year is a test for us.’
- After having Sunday off, Mallorca returned for a double session today. This morning was a physical session under Pep Alomar’s command. The afternoon saw a focus on technical and tactical work.
- João Victor: ‘This year we have different players with different qualities. We will do much better than last year.’
- João Victor on de Guzmán: ‘These rumours are normal for us. He is a very good player and he is training as usual. His quality is important for us.’
Tuesday 9th August 2011
- Want to see the new Mallorca kit? Well it’s your lucky day!
Thursday 11th August 2011
- Tomás Pina is ready to sign a new deal which will extend his stay in Mallorca until 2015.
- Meanwhile, young right back Ximo Navarro has joined striker Sergi Enrich on loan at Recreativo Huelva.
- The Spanish Player Associatio (AFE) has confirmed strike actions for the first two rounds of La Liga, affecting all first and second division ties.
- But journalist Sid Lowe stated, ‘past experience suggests that the strike won’t actually go ahead.’
Friday 12th August 2011
- Real Mallorca have sold 10,000 season tickets so far – up 15% on the 2010/2011 season
- Laudrup has said, ‘we are a better team than last year. All we need now is a striker.’
Saturday 13th August 2011
- Mallorca Diario reports that Real Mallorca have agreed a deal of between €6.6m and €7m for Jonathan de Guzmán with Villarreal.
- Talks have been ‘ongoing in private’. The deal will be announced after the Trofeu Ciutat de Palma and player presentation.
- Tomás Pina has put pen to paper on his new deal that will keep him at the club until the summer of 2015.
Monday 15th August 2011
- Football España, the new magazine, is now available to download for the iPhone and iPad as well as Mac, PC and Android. It even features a contribution from us on the Real Mallorca ‘club-by-club’ guide.
- AFE and LFP have a meeting scheduled for Wednesday, August 17th as they look to negotiate an end to the planned strike.
- The meeting will take place at 10am in Madrid at the LFP headquarters, so hopefully a collective agreement can be reached.
- AS is reporting that de Guzmán will decide this week where his future lies. They say he is likely to leave, but destination unknown.
- They report that offers of €8m from Rubin Kazan and Villarreal will be accepted, if they arrive. Neither, so far, has done so.
- The performances of Zuiverloon and Cáceres were both criticised by Diario de Mallorca. The paper put the Dutchman at fault for Napoli goal.
- Tomer Hemed also bore criticism. They stated he will ‘quickly realise that La Liga is completely different to Israeli minority leagues’.
- In a criticism of the new signings, Alejandro Alfaro was the ‘exception that proved the rule’. He was the only one with ‘clear ideas’.
- José Nunes is a doubt for the Rayo Vallecano game after picking up a knee injury in the first minute of el trofeu. He was replaced at half-time by Martí Crespí.
- Pablo Cáceres also missed training with a knock. And Chori Castro has a sore thigh.
- Transfer News. And Mallorca have been linked with Málaga striker Seba Fernández to solve the front line issue.