You may have noticed that the Weekly Summaries went on a summer break along with the players. Well, now they’re back. Every Monday, all you dedicated fans will be able to read the smaller news stories not quite big enough for a full article on the website.
But you don’t have to wait until Monday as everything posted in the Weekly Summary is posted as it happens on our Twitter. You can follow us by directing your browser to http://twitter.com/real_mallorca.
So here is a brief round-up of the summer’s action.
Saturday 4th June 2011
- Serra Ferrer has reiterated his desire to extend the contract of left-back Ayoze.
- Kevin García will be his understudy. Enrique Corrales will leave the club at the end of his contract on the 30th June.
- Meanwhile, Dani Güiza has said that he wants to return to the club.
Friday 10th June 2011
- Aritz Aduriz has confirmed he wants to ‘definitely stay’ at Valencia despite being linked with a return to Real Mallorca.
- Officials at Mallorca also ruled out the move citing his current wage is far too high, although they would like for him to return.
Saturday 11th June 2011
- A Mallorca judge rules that Spanish Federation were wrong to ban club from last year’s Europa League! A bit late as final was last month!
Sunday 12th June 2011
- It is our understanding that a one year contract extension has been agreed with Pep Martí. Just need to dot the I’s and cross the T’s now.
- Emilio Nsue was an unused substitute as Spain drew with England 1-1 in tonight’s U21 Euro Championships.
Tuesday 14th June 2011
- Valencia’s Miguel Angel Moya has joined Getafe on a one year loan. He’ll act as cover for long-term absentee Oscar Ustari.
Friday 17th June 2011
- Recreativo Huelva are interested in taking Real Mallorca striker Sergi Enrich on loan.
- Valencia President Llorente also confirmed that one club (unnamed) has asked about Aritz Aduriz, but the player is apparently “non-transferable”.
Saturday 18th June 2011
- Deal agreed, in principal, for Tomer Hemed. More details tomorrow morning at 10am. Let’s see what Monday brings…
Monday 20th June 2011
- Just to clarify, Real Mallorca have NOT yet signed Tomer Hemed. They have agreed terms, but no pen to paper and no medical yet.
- New Atlético coach Manzano is very keen on taking Ramis to the capital. Press are citing £2.65m as the figure to take Ramis away.
Tuesday 21st June 2011
- Tomer Hemed will arrive in Palma on Thursday to undergo a medical and sign the contract, Serra Ferrer has said.
- Most aspects of the deal have been agreed, but the two parties disagree on length. Mallorca want 3 and 4th optional. Hemed wants 4 years.
- Meanwhile, the club have received no offers for Chori Castro. Serra Ferrer is thinking about attempting to renew his contract so no bosman.
- We can confirm that Tomer Hemed has agreed personal terms with Real Mallorca. All issues were ironed it. Just awaiting Thursday’s medical.
Wednesday 22nd June 2011
- Ayoze has joined Deportivo on a 3 year deal.
- Contrary to news sources, Tomeu Nadal hasn’t signed for Getafe, but he is considering an offer. He is also considering a renewal offer.
- It is Real Mallorca who claim Tomeu hasn’t signed for Getafe yet. They still believe they can rescue the situation.
- For personal reasons, Jaume Cladera is determined to step down as club president. Board trying to convince him otherwise.
- If he does step down, Llorenç Serra Ferrer will most likely take over as President.
Tuesday 28th June 2011
- Young Real Mallorca goalkeeper Yeray Gómez has been called up for Spanish U19 action.
Friday 8th July 2011
- Llorenç Serra Ferrer is deciding whether to sign Diogo or Juan Valera for the right back role.
- First choice Juan Valera has agreed a 4-year-deal with Mallorca, but Manzano’s appearance at Atleti has proved a stumbling block in the move.
- 27-year-old Carlos Diogo is available on a free transfer after his contract with Real Zaragoza expired.
- Dani Benítez turned down Granada’s offer of a two year extension to his contract, saying he wishes to feel valued.
Thursday 14th July 2011
- The latest in the Webó/Castro saga is that Serra Ferrer has met with Paco Casal. Casal wants the players to leave for nothing but the club “absolutely refuses”.
- In the past couple of minutes, RCD Mallorca have confirmed that they will open disciplinary proceedings against Pierre Webó.
Tuesday 19th July 2011
- Webó is extremely close to a €1 million move (likely to be) to the Premier League. There’s been quite a bit of movement in last few hours.
- Laudrup is unsure of the capabilities of Gianni Zuiverloon and José Nunes. He believes Nunes lost it towards the end of last season. (although, perhaps he should look in the mirror in that respect).
- Serra Ferrer is targeting a central defender as well as a striker.
- Laudrup has told Serra Ferrer that the CB should provide competition to Nunes and not be to replace Ramis.
- The Board of Directors has also been reshuffled. Jaume Cladera as President, Pedro Terrasa as Chief Executive and Serra Ferrer as Sporting Director. They acknowledged faults in the way the club has been running and the reshuffle is to address these.
- Mallorca have decided to appeal the decision against them in court, concerning the contract of former coach Gregorio Manzano.
Monday 25th July 2011
- Young goalkeeper Yeray is having an operation on his left knee after a tear.
- Chori Castro has told the press, “we still have a month to sort things like my future.”
- Granada have signed Enrique Corrales from Mallorca, on a one-year deal. He becomes their 5th signing of the transfer window.
Thursday 28th July 2011
- Dudu Aouate has joined Juan Calatayud and Yeray Gómez on the goalkeeper injury list. Calatayud has bruised his collarbone and Dudu Aouate has had stitches on a gash in his hand. The walking wounded are still in training, though.
- The chase for Atlético’s Diego Costa is over. He’s torn his cruciate ligament. Long term injury.
- Webó is ‘ill-advised’ says Real Mallorca Board.
Friday 29th July 2011
- Agent of Webó and Castro, Paco Casal, has organised a meeting for today with club administrators. Serra Ferrer not in attendance.
- Casal has seemingly organised the meeting as soon as Serra Ferrer left for Holland a few days ago.
- Diario de Mallorca has reported about the ‘scares in goal’ for Mallorca after fourth choice goalkeeper Toni Fons made his debut.
- Toni Fons was playing for village side Binissalem last season.
- Dudu Aouate has a gashed hand. Juan Calatayud injured shoulder bone. And Yeray has undergone surgery on his left knee.
Saturday 30th July 2011
- Pierre Webó: ‘I have nothing but gratitude for Mallorca.’
- Sporting Director Llorenç Serra Ferrer has said, ‘the objective now is to sign two strikers’.
- Former Mallorca goalkeeper Toni Prats has rejoined the club as Formative Football Co-ordinator, developing the club’s sporting structure.
Friday 5th August 2011
- Dudu Aouate and Tomer Hemed have both been called up to the Israeli national team for the forthcoming internationals.
Saturday 6th August 2011
- Chico has said he is yet to even talk to head coach Michael Laudrup.
- And the new Real Mallorca kit will be revealed on Tuesday 9th August.
- Tomás Pina has said that coach Laudrup has told him he will be named in the first team squad this year.
- Mallorca are expecting to complete the signing of Alejandro Alfaro on Monday morning. A four-year-deal worth £11,700 per week. There will be an option of a fifth year and a buyout clause of €18m. He will cost Mallorca £1.5m.
- Aki has been called up to the Japan squad.